Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Sister's House [open house]

It was so great to finally see My Sister's House that Robert keeps talking about in class. His Urban Studio did a fantastic job at designing and constructing this transitional house for pregnant women ages 18-21. I loved the openness it presented and the placement and shapes of the windows that sunk in about 6 inches each. The cabinets were self constructed by iarc students and I found them to be interactive and different than a usual knob. I loved how all the bedrooms had a bathroom and their own sink and counter space. One issue I saw in the bedrooms though was how they were going to deal with privacy through the windows that are not of normal/standard sizes. There was no blinds and they will have to figure a way to keep light out of the bedrooms when the girls want their privacy from the outside. Other than that I was amazed at their process and all the hard work put into it. Great job Urban Studio!

No comments: