Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Twig Interim Critique Issues

 

In class today our discussions were very helpful to getting me to think more about my project.  There was conversation about if you want your project to be horizontal or vertical.  I have mine horizontal as of right now and I want to try and make it vertical for Friday.  Craftsmanship was a big issue talked about today.  I need to make sure how I can make my binding look more neat and perfect.  I noticed that a lot of people incorporated their precedent and I did not really think about how I can make my twig project relate more to my precedent.  Or I might want to find a new precedent instead since my ideas have changed.  Color choice and placement of the color are very important.  I learned that sometimes your project might look better if it is turned a different way, like up side down.  Scale, visualization, focus, and variety reduction are all very important when crafting.  You wouldn’t want your sticks to be really small and your paper really thick and big because it will loose interest in your twigs.  Using different materials is a good way to make your project filled with pattern and good form.  Sometimes you might want to have one focal point about the twigs to emphasis.  Having more emphasis on the twigs is better than focusing on what is being made.  Designers never stop in the process of making.

No comments: