Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dialog






Dialog is created by two spaces that have a commonality and interact with each other in some way.  In my dialog project your eyes make you scroll upward to see the second party that is involved in the conversation.  The skewers connect both rectangles creating connectivity and interaction.
A sense of space is defined by the two rectangles made out of bristol board that are two defined and clear spaces.
The idea of system is generated by having two parts work together to make a whole.  The rectangles connect and the skewers go through both of the rectangles creating togetherness/working together to make a whole.  Also, the rectangles are different sizes, yet the same shape creating scale, which creates a system.
Having both rectangles touch one another and the skewers going through both rectangles in an upward motion makes them connect in conversation/dialog.
Scale is utilized by the rectangles being the same shape, but different sizes and the skewers are the same length a part and in length moving in the same direction.  It looks like the bigger one is eating the smaller one in conversation.
Two-dimensional images add to the understanding of the project because it shows details that the model cannot.  It shows detail about spaces and different views.  It shows the process of how the parts of the model relates to other parts or sides of the model/project.
All of my initial ideas didn't work with good because they were not well crafted.  I came up with about 10 ideas until one worked that was able to be well crafted.  The first iterations had radiating skewers, so I kept that idea and had the skewers going upward radiating up and out.  The second iteration had a big and small circular space, so instead of circles (that didn't work), I used rectangles.  In one of my last iterations, I had the skewers crossing each other and after I finished my final I saw that the shadows of the skewers made crosses just like that earlier iteration did, which I thought was very cool!


No comments: