Monday, October 6, 2008

Unity Project Comparison



I was very happy with the way critique went today.  I really enjoyed looking at everyone’s projects, as I loved all of them!  My project got talked about a lot today and I was happy with what was said.  Even someone after the critique came up to me asking if they could take a picture of my project to compare their project with.  I of course said yes.

I have decided to compare mine with a project that has very similar characteristics as mine does.  My project has six layers of paper that has two folds on both ends.  There are two skewers that puncture through the paper from one side of the fold to the other.  Each layer is a module and I have made six of the same modules to make the unity of the project.  Having repeated several layers makes it work in community.  The side of my project makes it look like it has depth.  The layers are equally spaced and deal with equality of paper and skewers dealing with space.  My project makes the eye move up and down and side to side because he bends in the paper draw the eyes upward and the skewers move side to side horizontally.

The project I have chosen to compare with looks like a snowflake when looking at the front elevation.  Each piece of paper is also evenly spaced apart just like mine.  The paper bends the same way mine does, except this one does not touch paper to paper as mine does.  The skewers go diagonally making and ‘X’.  This project has a centralized point in the center where the skewers meet each other.  The paper points to the center of the ‘X’ by the direction of the bends in each piece of paper.  Mine does not have a centralized point.  Both of the projects can stand on the paper or on the skewers.  When I look at both projects I see that we have the same materials and paper that was folded the same way except we have assembled them differently.


No comments: