Sunday, April 18, 2010

In Memory of Cameron Wagner

My boyfriend's brother died at age 20 two years ago yesterday (April 17). His name is Cameron and he was an amazing guy with a smile on his face at all times. A few months ago, I was thinking about Cameron and how he has impacted my life as well as many who knew him so I decided to make a handmade book filled with stories about Cameron so that they will be shared and lived forever. I asked all his friends and those who knew him to write their favorite memory or story of Cameron. I got several responses back, but not as many as I had hoped since I sent out about 400 messages to people. Im guessing no one reads their inbox messages on facebook so I am sending out more reminders this week for those who did not see my message before so more stories can be added. Today I gave my boyfriend (Grant) and his family this book. I feel so blessed to have met Cameron! He sure was a great guy who knew how to live life to its fullest.



This is the cover of the book made of chipboard and this nice paper I found.


Here is the inside of the first page. On the left it says, "Memories of Cameron Wagner fill these pages so his stories will be shared and lived forever." There is a spot for where the pen goes so people can write their own stories about Cameron. The first page is a picture of Cameron with his Z28 Camaro that he loved to work on in the garage and take to the drag-strip. Grant now drives it and is the one sound of Cameron's that is still alive.


I made 5 of the pages with a pocket since one friend wrote hers and sent it. It is big enough to put pictures in or any keepsakes.


Here is a picture of what most of the pages looks like with stories that people have sent to put in this book. Some of the pages are blank so that they can be filled in with more stories.


The binding is of hemp string and here is the back of the book with the knot that holds it all together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this was such a wonderful thing to do with your talents