Monday, April 26, 2010

Unity Village Phase 3 Reflection

Phase 3 of Unity Village was a success! I did however run into rendering problems that kept me behind the last few days before it was due, but as always it got done. I am very happy about my design and have learned that the most important thing is designing for the clients in mind at all times, not yourself. I can just imagine myself meeting with clients and asking about their wants and needs for a space they want me to design. As for my design, I wanted to make the foyer feel big when you first walked in. The ceilings are not very high and I wanted to have an open floor plan so it felt bigger than it actually is. The girls Sara and Karen love hosting small dinner parties and cooking so the kitchen is emphasized by it being on the curve wall of the space and has plenty of counter space for serving and cooking on. The dining, living room and kitchen are all open to each other to better entertain. The bedrooms have personalized casework pieces like the dance shoes displays and the desk for recording music. The colors I have chosen are soft and relaxing because after a long day at school it is nice to come home to a place that is relaxing and refreshing. I will continue to develop my designs based on creating community for any client.






No comments: